Search This Blog

Thursday 30 November 2023

There's Somebody at the Door

 Short Film Week [4]

For the jelly eating noises i bought 4 small packs of 70p jelly from the co-op and ate them while mic'd up. It was one of the most terrible things I've ever done.

-Will, Assessment submission 

There's Somebody at the Door was a film created for a uni assessment. The brief was to create a sequence with an element of jeopardy. I immediately had a dream that would work really well.

Because we couldn't bring lights down to the road outside of the uni accommodation for the section with the hooded figure out of my window, I decided to light the shot from inside my room. It took 6 Dido spotlights from the 2nd floor before I felt it was lit well enough.

The part of the film that took the longest was the lighting. Here's a little look at how I got the specular reflection.



You can watch it on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment