Search This Blog

Sunday 19 November 2023

Telcam

 

live on port 23

Obsessed with the idea of a terminal experience, with all its ANSI colour codes, I became determined to "transmit" video with it.
Setting up a functional telnet server with python was incredibly easy, from there i only had to deal with the video side. A previous project had left OpenCV burned into my head and google search history, so this also turned out trivial.

When comparing colours, I have a colour space I like to use. If the HSV colour space can be imagined as a cylinder, my XYV colour space is the box containing that cylinder and the colour values the coordinates within that space, no non-Euclidian weirdness.

I settled on 3 different levels of saturation " ", "-", "=" and "#", hard-coding a CSV of each combination and its approximate XYV colour.

The colour detection is terrible. It seems to work some of the time, but something is definitely up with the hard-coded CSV file.

The finished system runs at about 1 fps.

No comments:

Post a Comment